Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

flat tax

So I'm sitting in the DMV and I'm hearing a good argument for a flat tax. The guy in front of me tells the lady next to me that he only works three weeks per month so that he can stay below the income level that would trigger taxes. The lady beside me has a relative that drives a truck. He on works nine months a year so he doesn't trigger taxes. That amazes me. I truly believe that everyone should pay something. Maybe zero if you are below the poverty line pn aid, then 5%, then 10%: then 15% for the rest of us. We paid 17% last year. Is want very few deductions...maybe charity and home ownership. But this system of providing tax breaks for every little thing the government wants to subsidize has to stop. Apparently a flat tac would put these people to work all year, increase the national productivity, and broaden the tax base. And everyone would have skin in the game.

No comments: