Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Glimpses of Things to Come

This weekend I'm at a swim meet with Heather- from Friday to Sunday. We have a hotel room and it's mother-daughter weekend. Today she asked to take a walk on the beach and I decided that was the time for the talk I've been working on in my head for a couple of weeks. And surprisingly ,I was able to get a glimpse of the woman she will become some day. Life with teenagers is hard. But sometimes, if we're lucky, they'll let us see the person they will become some day. And if we are really lucky, we will see a strong, wonderful person that we will enjoy spending more time with someday. I worry myself sick over how she's doing now, how she will turn out, will she have the right values, will she talk to me about the important things, will we have a relationship when she grows up, will I be a grandmother before I'm ready, will she crash a car and kill herself or someone else??????? I don't know the answers to any of that stuff. But I see hope that she will turn out OK. Today was another one of those days that I will remember forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! Spent some good time w/my kiddies this weekend, too. Getting ready to start looking at colleges. Brings about some conversations about what's important to us.

When do you leave?

Keep on blogging!

Flounder said...

very sweet leslie...you are a great mom and heather is lucky to have you:)