Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Tired....

Yeah- that came from me.  I know I am always doing a million things at time.  I like to have my cake and eat it too and I like to do it a 100 mph.

But this week, I'm tired.  I'm tired every morning when I get up.  Tired when I go to sleep.  Tired during my workouts.  After my 4th bad run in a row on Monday I realized that I had increased my bike mileage and my running mileage simultaneously and I was not getting enough sleep either.  Saturday, my long run day, I had planned before bed for 11 miles, got up and decided the usual 10 would be fine, and by my 3rd miserable mile I decided that 8 would be even better.  All 8 miles were horrible.  That was after I got up at 0445, put 
my eyes in, brushed my teeth, got half way dressed, got undressed and started back for the bed, then got re-dressed and left.  I should have stayed in bed.  All 8 miles were horrible.  Rested on Sunday.  Ran 8 miserable miles on Monday and realized I needed a rest.  Did only 24 EASY miles on the bike Tues, ran a miserable 2.6 miles Wed, 20 more EASY miles on Thursday, and then I hit today.  Got up at 0445 as usual.  Put the eyes in, brushed the teeth.  Tried to think of what I wanted to do today (today is my do whatever sounds good day).  Nothing sounded good.  Gym sounded horrible.  Running sounded miserable.  Not even the bike sounded good.  So I remembered Saturday and went back to bed.  I slept for 90 more minutes.  Missed Grand Rounds.  And went to work feeling great.  I felt so great that I went after work and did the elliptical for 45 min.  Then I still had some energy, so I ran a mile totally barefoot around the hospital.  Stepped on a big rock, but other than that, it was great!  Now, I have to remember to go to bed on time and see what how far I feel like running in the morning.  If I feel good, I'll do 6 and if I don't, I won't.  Gotta rest sometimes.

3 comments:

Hairpin said...

Please stick to white text. I cannot read black on a deep bluish green -- it doesn't matter if I'm tired or awake.

I am sorry that you are tired. I'd normally ask someone "are you sure you aren't pregnant" but it's not as much fun to write as it is to ask someone in person.

AFDr.Mom said...

I didn't pick the color- just noticed it. But I'll see if I can change it.
I'M NOT pregnant!

Flounder said...

I'm glad you are listening to your body;) Take care of yourself because there are many of us that love you to pieces!!!