Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend with Mom!

Had a great weekend with my mom.  As I was laying in bed yesterday morning, I realized that this was the first weekend that I have been home since I got back from the dessert!  The first one was spent on a mini TDY.  The second was on a real TDY to Denver.  Next was the bike ride and then last weekend was the triathlon.  And when I was home during the week on my R&R I let Jack sleep in and got up with the kids.  So yesterday was my first sleep in in 5 weeks!  It was great!
My mom was in Maryland for three weeks helping out her aunt after she got sick.  She stopped in here on her way back to FL.  Yesterday she helped me lay out a couple of flower gardens and look for plants to fill them.  I wrote down tons of ideas and will go buy them next weekend and then plant them.  Today, we spent several hours buying curtains.  It took 3 different stores and there's one I still need to make a decision on and go back and get, but the downstairs is mostly done.  Or it will be after I buy the rods and Jack puts them up and then I actually hang the curtains on them!  Which will not happen until the gardens are done.
Oh well.... work is good for the soul.

Thanks, mom!!!!!!

No comments: