Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Thought on Thoughts

If you’ve been reading this blog over the last month, you may notice that I seem to start in one direction and then head in a completely different direction. I’ll tell you how that happens. When I sit down to write, I only have a vague notion of what I’m going to say. I read the other day that the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is how they think and make decisions. An introvert thinks things over in their mind and then comes to a decision and then shares it out loud. The extrovert thinks out loud, talking as they go. As they talk, they clarify how they feel about a topic. That’s me. This very paragraph is an example in point- I only had the opening sentence planned. Until an instant before I wrote it, I had no idea that I would tell you the difference between introverts and extroverts. I just think out loud on this blog and then my thoughts solidify.

In the last blog, Deployment Planning, my intent was to tell you about what goes into getting ready to deploy. That will have to wait for another day. Because what came out was my feelings about taking care of people and how important I hold that responsibility and musings regarding resiliency. A few days ago, I did not know when I started that I would end up discussing happy cows and happy dinner. But I did. And I felt better for it.

So, thank you for going on this thought journey with me. This blog has been good for me to get my thoughts out and to help me clarify how I feel about things. I have a gajillion thoughts in my head all day and it helps to be able to get them out. Some people journal. I never really liked that. I read for my medical management class recently that a person should write uncensored for 10 minutes every day. That sounds like an incredible chore to me! So I write when I feel like it, about things that seem important to me at the time and hopefully you will remain interested. I hope that as the deployment progresses, I will be able to share about the lives of airman in a combat zone: Thoughts, fears, accomplishments, and hopes. We have great Americans doing great things and I can’t wait to tell you about them!

4 comments:

AFDr.Mom said...

test

Anonymous said...

testing as anonymous poster

johnsonsconnection said...

I can't wait to read your blog.

Hairpin said...

I love this blog.