Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

This morning I was thinking of a couple of people here that drive me crazy and it got me to thinking about tolerance and appreciating people.  Both irk me for similar reasons, yet also have similar qualities that I respect.  They are good at what they do, everyone knows they are good at what they do, and they know they are good at what they do.  But in the knowing, it's just that...knowing.  It's not arrogance.  It's just knowing as a fact.  they are both very hard workers.  And I don't think either one does things for personal gain.  They have the best interest of the patient or their people at heart.  The problem is, frequently, they are abrasive.  One is flat out abusive and has been talked to several times.  The only thing that makes them remotely tolerable is that I think they have good hearts.

Having a good heart and meaning well covers over a lot of sins in my book.  It doesn't excuse them, but it makes them easier to tolerate.

No comments: