Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

SCARY!!!

Holy crap.  I had decided earlier today that I wanted to watch a scary movie tonight that I've had for a few days.  I love scary movies and I love scary Steven King movies the most.  I've had "1408" sitting in my room for about a week waiting for a good night to watch it.  I got back to my room at about 1000 after being out doing some stuff and wasn't too tired so I decided to watch it.  I made some popcorn and settled in.  With the light off.  What the heck was I thinking?  Well, after the ghosts started popping up and then a scene made me jump and yelp (!) I turned a small light on.  There's brave and then there's stupid, OK?  AND....I'm under the sheets while watching and everyone knows they can't get you if you're under the sheets.  But only my bottom half was under and I wasn't taking any chances.

Anyway,  it's at a scary part...(the movie is all about him being haunted and he can't tell if it's really a haunting or if he's hallucinating)... and I hear a knock that sounds like it came from my door!  I 'bout jumped out of my skin!  Then I thought it was part of the movie because sometimes it did that thing where the sound only comes out of one ear phone, so I thought maybe it was a knock on the door in the movie.  Then it happened again.  Then I started to get worried.  What if it was a ghost at my door trying to freak me out?!?!?  IT WAS DOING A GOOD JOB!!!!!!   So I said, "Who is it?" and I didn't hear anything.  So I said it again and heard a little noise outside like a voice.  It's after midnight and no one has ever knocked on my door that late unless there was a bomb.  I hadn't heard any bombs.  (I say that so casually....  like, we didn't have any bombs today, how interesting.  I suppose that feeling/concept is beyond most normal people's experience.)
So I get up and tentatively answer the door feeling like the bimbo in a Halloween movie or something when you're screaming, "Don't answer the door you idiot!! It's the KILLER!!!!!"  But I'm telling myself it's probably not a ghost or a killer because this is Afghanistan and all we have is the Taliban.  And they don't knock.  They rocket or blow themselves up or hide and blow people up from afar.  They don't knock.  Anyway, I'm thinking the odds are in my favor that I probably won't die if I answer the door.

I didn't die and it wasn't a ghost.  It was just a couple of my nurses needing a form signed urgently for a patient. She was a Lieutenant and I think she was afraid I'd be mad to be woken up because she seemed as relieved that I was already awake as I was that she wasn't a ghost!  I told her the story and how I thought she might be a ghostly killer and we had a good laugh before I signed the paper.

Oh my goodness.  What a night.  Now I can't turn my light off.  I knew this would happen....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog