Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flying- written on 9-17-11


I have been through airport security twice in the last week.  I'm slightly concerned because I have accidentally....really... accidentally both times taken through a large tube of sunscreen, a small tube of sunscreen, and a small pepper spray.  PEPPER SPRAY!!!!   And I've done that before!  Not on purpose... in fact, I didn't even think about last week's transgression until I realized I did it today.  I did remember to take the knife out though. I guess that's something.  This time I was a bit concerned because I realized it when I was still in line, before I got to the xray machine,.  Then I saw that there was a guy in training, so I figured they'd be looking extra hard.  Then they pulled my bag out for a special search- but not the right bag!!!!  Good grief.  Of course, if they were allowed to profile, maybe they never would be suspicious of me in the first place.  Maybe they would.  But who knows how many people are taking contraband on planes by accident.  But how many are taking it on purpose to test the system? I'm almost afraid to wonder.

Hopefully I'll be flying safe today.  If there's a problem, it won't be me!

No comments: