Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Know When to Take a Rest

This one was drafted in Spring 2011 and I just found it- I was training for my Ironman.

Yeah- that came from me.  I know I am always doing a million things at a time.  I like to have my cake and eat it too and I like to do it a 100 mph.

But this week, I'm tired.  I'm tired every morning when I get up.  Tired when I go to sleep.  Tired during my workouts.  After my 4th bad run in a row on Monday I realized that I had increased my bike mileage and my running mileage simultaneously and I was not getting enough sleep either.  Saturday, my long run day, I had planned before bed for 11 miles, got up and decided the usual 10 would be fine.  Upon wakening, running sounded utterly miserable.  Bike did not sound appealing either.   Somewhere around a miserable mile 3, I decided 8 would be even better.  That was after I got up at 0445, put my eyes in, brushed my teeth, got half way dressed, got undressed and started back for the bed, then got re-dressed and left.  I should have stayed in bed.  All 8 miles were horrible.  Rested on Sunday.  Ran 8 miserable miles on Monday and realized I needed a rest.  Did only 24 EASY miles on the bike Tues, ran a miserable 2.6 miles Wed, 20 more EASY miles on Thursday, and then I hit today.

I think I need to chill out and figure out when to rest.

No comments: