Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Still sick

Man, I hate being sick!  Today I actually went home from work early.  I left at about noon and went home to bed.  The last time I went home sick was in 1998!  I laid in bed most of the day, freezing to death for most of it, reading my book.  With a bad headache and the artery in my left temple all bulging out.  Usually when that happens, Jack presses on it and it feels a lot better, but he's not here, so I had to press on it myself.  My back was killing me from laying around all day.  Someone brought me some soup for lunch.  At about 1730, I was hoping someone would come ask me if I wanted some dinner and sure enough- they did!  That was so great.  She brought me some spaghetti, fried scallops, and dirty rice and cucumbers.  I had asked for bland white stuff.  I ate a bit of it because I knew I needed to, but in one of the only times in my life I can remember, I had no appetite and just didn't feel like eating.  She also brought me a movie that I just finished watching called Whip It- about roller derby.  I took 400mg Motrin with dinner and next thing I knew, instead of being freezing, I was sweating to death and hot....I guess my fever broke!  At some point today, I got gassy- HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!  It sounds like low thunder when my tummy rumbles.  It would make me smile if weren't so danged uncomfortable!
While I was watching my movie, after my Motrin kicked in, I got hungry again and supper actually tasted good. I picked the scallops out of the fried breading, though.  I didn't think all that greasy stuff would be very good while my guts were rumbling.  At some point, my movie and dinner benefactor came back with some vanilla ice cream- yum yum!
I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. Think I'll check my email, read, and hope I wake up healthy.  They keep trying to attribute this to barefoot running.  I just don't see how that's possible. I think I need to get healthy so I can get back to it and prove them wrong!
 

No comments: