Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I am my father's daughter 20 March @ 9:40PM

I'm sure you all (especially James!) will will bust a gut to hear that it only took me two weeks to cut myself with my new knife. The knife I keep clipped to my pocket as a tool and as personal protection is a side opening switch blade.  It's military issued and perfectly legal (so I'm told).  Well, it switched open (blade pointing up) while I was sitting on the floor talking to someone today and I didn't notice. I got up and walked out of the room and reached down to adjust and BAM! Next thing I know I was dripping blood. Thankfully, I was right across from the ER. I washed it off and asked for a Band-aid and the doc had the bright idea of some Dermabond- skin Super Glue.  It looked great for awhile, now it has opened up again.


I only laugh because I somehow manage to slice a finger several times per year.  My dad has this same extraordinary talent, so I'm pretty sure it's genetic.  When we were kids, he was always building something and often ended getting cut or scraped or wacking a thumb with the hammer or something. I remember one time I was helping him put in some French doors our to the deck and he somehow scraped his upper arm on a nail or something.  Blood was dripping down into the saw dust stuck to his arm.  It was gross and really cool all at the same time.  Even back then I was sort of fascinated by blood.  i like other people's more than mine, though!


And the best part about my current injury? To show people, I have to hold up my middle finger! BAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!



This is a picture of me in our front office.  Completely unrelated to the cut finger.  For the life of me, I can't remember why I was holding a Pepsi can. 

No comments: