Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Sopranos 29 march at 2106

Ya'll are just going to have to figure out military time.  Trying to post AM and PM is killing me.

So today we had another event besides the President snubbing the hospital staff.  Some of the Sopranos came and some football player as well.  James Gandolfini was there, some lady no-showed, and the dude who plays Paulie was there.  Also some football player I have never heard of.  Gandolfini- looks like his picture.  Football guy- very nice for the few moments we talked after some idiot made a tall joke. 
Paulie- he was an @$$.  We had to stand in the greeting line while they came through and he got to me, LOOKED ME UP AND DOWN and ACTUALLY PINCHED MY CHEEK! and said something like, "wow, I need a good nurse."  I think I mustered a thin smile when I told him he'd have to find someone else since I'm not a nurse.  He moved on.  After that, he proceeded to joke with the women, putting his hands all over and his arm around our head nurse who is a no-nonsense woman in her 50s and I could see right through her smiling and humoring him and I thought she might punch him out at one point. 

He was able to get a minor procedure done by one of my family docs and he came out saying something about having to take his pants down.  Three times he said it.  He didn't have to take his pants down........

It just reinforced for me why I  don't get star struck.  Well, hardly ever....  I think I could love a visit from Robin Williams, Steven King, or Katherine Hepburn (well, I guess that one won't happen).  OK, and maybe The Rock.  He wouldn't even have to talk to me- he could just stand there and look pretty.

But the best part was I got to see my friend Col (Dr.) Lew Hofmann!  He was the doc traveling with the team.  He is one of the best FPs and one of the most humble people I know.  His claim to fame is that he was one of my faculty in residency.  And he was my doctor for the first 3 months of my pregnancy with James.  And he is an accupuncturist who trained with the guy who pioneered Air Force accupuncture.  Oh yeah- he's the reason Dick Cheney is still alive, as he was the VP's personal physician for 8 years.  We had a great time catching up again (I saw him in Feb) and he took the time to talk with my doc who took care of Paulie since she is interested in accupuncture as well.  And........  I trained her when she was a student.  So there we were, three generations of FPs chatting there in the hallway.  I told her whatever I taught her wrong was all his fault!

Anyhow, it was a pain in the butt having to follow stars around, but I'm glad I got to see my friend Lew all the way across the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that is so cool that Col H was there too... Small AF! Just wanted to let you know that people are reading your blog. - Brooke